Monday 18 August 2014

Back from Sri Lanka!

Got back yesterday evening from a wonderful trip to Sri Lanka! It was just three days, but it was the most definitely the most eventful and fun trip I could have asked for.

First and foremost, the hotel we stayed at, Jetwing Lagoon, at Negombo (a half an hour drive from Colombo), was one of the best resorts I've ever stayed at. Very very well-maintained, a beautiful swimming pool, super spacious rooms, amazing food - this is just the start! I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone who is planning to visit Sri Lanka. It's just a half an hour drive from Colombo airport and is definitely worth the money you pay for it. It is also located just opposite the beach and I walked there every morning. Nothing like waking up to the sound of the Indian ocean and the mist touching your face.

Here's a picture I got at that very beach. A very simple 10 second exposure to give the water a smooth touch, with a neutral density filter, to compensate for the light. Hope you like it.

We did only a few sightseeing trips. One within Negombo, a boat safari and one to Colombo. The guide we used for Colombo was a really great tour guide and if anyone is visiting in the near future, email me and I can send you his contact details.

This is my 99th post. The next one will be my big 100th post and I hope to have a lot of people visiting my page as I am going to have a lot of friends helping me with telling other people to visit. Hope all of you do the same. I'm really excited!

I'll be posting a lot of pictures from the Sri Lanka trip over the next month or so, so keep checking! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment